Fourth & Madison is equipped with an emergency generator system that will power certain building systems during a power outage. This system will be activated within seconds of the failure and will include:
- Exit signs and path of exit illumination
- Elevator lobby lighting
- Elevator recall and service for one elevator in each bank
- Fire alarm systems
- Fire detection systems
- Sprinkler alarm systems
- Other critical life safety functions specific to the building.
In the case of a power outage, the incident will be handled by the Fire Safety Director, Fire Brigade, and assisted by Security. Please stand by for directions from the Fire Safety Director. The elevators will individually recall and park on the main lobby level.
If an outage is of longer duration:
- If evacuation is necessary, you will receive information from the Fire Safety Director. Follow standard evacuation procedures. The available stairwells may be used to facilitate evacuation.
- Remain calm and give consideration to the Building Engineers and Security Personnel.